- "The Sincere Advice" : from the desk of Ustaz Zhulkeflee

يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ صَلُّواْ عَلَيۡهِ وَسَلِّمُواْ تَسۡلِيمًا

"... O ye who believe! Ask blessings on him and salute him with a worthy salutation." (QUR'AN:AL-AHZAB:33:56)

"O Allah, I believed in Muhammad but did not see him; do not deprive me in the Gardens of his vision. Bestow his company upon me and cause me to die in his religion. Let me drink from his pool a quenching, pleasant, delightful drink after which we shall never thirst again. You are powerful over everything. O Allah, convey to the soul of Muhammad my greetings and peace. O Allah, as I believed in Muhammad but did not see him, do not deprive me in the Gardens of his vision."

O Allah! I make the intention to invoke blessings on the Prophet, may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him, in compliance with Your Order and as an attestation of  the Prophet sent by You, our master Muhammad, may Your blessings and peace be upon him; in his love and in my yearning for him and with the respect due to him as he merits it. Accept it from me by Your Grace and Kindness and remove the veil of negligence from my heart and make me among one of Your righteous servants.

A-MEEN! YA ROB-BAL 'AA-LA-MEEN ! .............

(TO FOLLOW & VIEW TAB WITH ENGLISH TRANSLATION MEANING OF RECITATION FOR THE PARTICULAR DAY -

SELECT DAY:

MONDAY (TO BEGIN 1st HIZB)

TUESDAY

WEDNESDAY

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

MONDAY (LAST HIZB)

"DALAA-ILUTL-KHAY-RAT" was compiled of Abu 'Abdullah Muhammad Ibn Sulayman al-Jazuli r.a. May Allah Reward & Bless his soul.  (and to reciter Ishak Danis)

...  Al-Faatihah !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, February 20, 2009

[POWERPOINT-SLIDES] IN-HOUSE TALK AT DARUL ARQAM SINGAPORE (20th FEB 2009)

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Al-Hamdulillaah! I've just given my first public talk on Islam, although not fully recovered but I managed, by the Grace of Allah after 2 years since suffering the stroke.

My appreciation to Darul Arqam (the Muslim Converts Asociation of Singapore) for making it possible, to my students and all who availed themselves on that night to hear me struggled to speak. Hope the powerpoint-slides had helped for better understanding.

Herewith I hope to also share gist of what I've delivered by way of the powerpoint I had prepared, as aid for those who may find it useful for further reflection, discussion etc. as those issues ought to be further contemplated by us - especially at this time. Also, through this powerpoint, it can still be a means to share the ideas with others who may have missed attending the actual talk.

Any comments are most welcomed, especially from those who attended that in-house talk. I pray my slurred speech did not impede your understanding of the message that I'd hoped to deliver. Those who did not attend (especially those abroad or who were not informed of the event) may also comment on the issues I've raised, by viewing the attached slides (powerpoint).

I intend, inshaAllaah to continue it with a series of lecture expanding & elaborating the said theme.

May Allah grant us with profound understanding (yufaqqih) of our Deen-al-Islam, and make us benefit from every knowledge towards making us become the people of Taqwa, by Allah's Grace & Mercy.

O Allah! (You are) the Most Merciful of those who show mercy!

jazaakumullaah al-khayr al-jaza'


was-salaam

zhulkeflee







وَاللّهُ أَعْلَم
سُبْحَا نَكَ لا عِلْمَ لَنَا إِلا ماعَلمْتَنَا إنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْعَليِمُ الْحَكِيْم
وَالَّصَلا ةُ وَالسَّلامُ على سَيْدِنَا مُحَمَّدٍ وَعَلَى ألهِ وَأصحْابِهِ وسُلِيم
وَأخِرُ دَعْوَنَا والْحَمْدُ لِلَه رَبِ الْعَالَمِين


(Recordings by : Nur Syahirah Tang Nur Syahirah Tang )


Being A Muslim And Its Challenge Part 1.wav - Ustad Zhulkeflee Hj Ismail


Being A Muslim And Its Challenge Part 2 - Ustad Zhulkeflee Hj Ismail

---------------------------------------------------------------

5 comments:

dew embun said...

Subhanallah Ustaz!
This was fast!And I was just sharing with some others that you would make it available online.

Syukran, Ustaz...
May Allah be pleased with us.

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum wr. wb.

Dear Ustaz,

Syukran!

AlhamduliLah that you have managed to give your talk and it went smoothly. I was a little worried about your condition and thought that you would need a good rest after the talk. I did not even want to call you as I thought I might disturb you.

I am thinking that if Darul Arqam had video taped the talk, it would be good if you could have a video CD of it. Your session could be put on you-tube. Of course, some technical work would need to be done first like cutting the video up into smaller parts of the required maximum length. But I think that is something you should consider...

InsyaAllah they will get you to speak some more in the near future!

Wasalaam.

Ahalim

Anonymous said...

Wa alaikumusalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh Ustaz,

All I can say is:

Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!

All Praises be to Allah swt for making it possible. I don’t know about the rest in the auditorium but Masya Allah, I can hear you clearly (loud and clear). Deep inside my heart, I thank Allah repeatedly for answering my prayers. Attending the talk reminds me of the lessons I partake from you; the numerous reminders about adab, learning, lessons from the Quran etc. Being physically challenged did not cause any impediment on understanding the importance of this message that you delivered probably because Ustaz have always emphasized all these things before.

It is only a pity, as always, to be constrained by time even though you still had so much to cover and share with us. It was a timely topic given the current situation that is already affecting Muslims regionally as well as globally.

Thank you for the powerpoint slides even though I’m not used to ‘being fed’ with notes given by you(except on special occasions). Insya allah, the slides are going to be good and useful materials for future referrals.

Angelina Chew @ Nur Shafiqa

Anonymous said...

Assala-mu-alaikum Ustaz Zhul.

Shukur Alhamdulilah for your talk last Friday. I believe many of us are very grateful that you have decided to give this talk because we definitely missed attending your lessons. You had delivered the content very well in the limited time given.

Through these years, you had always, many times reminded us of the end goal: being prepared to meet Allah... Your talk that night, Alhamdulilah has inspired and moved me, to want to shake myself from my current state of complacency...

I thank you for your do'a for all of us and also pray for Allah to bless you with full recovery in time to come. Amin.

Please take care and insya-Allah, we'll see you again.

Warmest regards,
Halimah

Anonymous said...

Wassalamu 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Alhamdulillah. It was a great talk, really ya ustaz. My brother-in-law agreed too (and he, although probably the first time hearing you, could understand your very-slightly-slurred speech). It is the kind of talk that is rarely heard in public nowadays. I believe those who listened to the talk attentively will have their shakhsiyah strengthened, their iman upped, and the resolution to increase their level of taqwa firmed.

It is a novel thing indeed when you linked the isnad matter to the phrase "wa'tasimu bi hablillahi jami-an wa la tafarraqu". The 'habl', or rope from Allah s.w.t, consists also of the Islamic scholars and their knowledge that is passed down from generation to generation, with unbroken chains from Rasulullah s.a.w. Much has been said about the importance of 'isnad' but this is the first time that that particular ayah is used. Alhamdulillah.

Dear ustaz, I fully support a series of talks, rather than just this one. Continuity is critical, especially in this age when falsehood and dunya are being presented to the Muslims continuously and intensely. Some might understand your points immediately, but some probably need several repetitions, reinforcements and further elucidations in order to really understand them, especially if one is severed from the companionship with our traditional 'ulama. Wallahu 'alam.

I see this new effort as an extension of your halaqah. New people might be interested to learn more from you and from there, can get closer to you. Indeed, knowledge gained by close companionship with 'ulama is special, and cannot be replaced with something else, consistent with the title of one of your blogs "Be with those who are true". How strange it is that for the past few days, I have been sharing this ayah with some of my friends. Subhanallah.

Just some inputs from me ya ustaz. Barakallahu fik wa ma-as salamah.

al-Faqir ilallah,
Sameer Bin Abdul Jalil